15

Reckless Driving

Posted by Umema Siddiqi on Wednesday, April 15, 2009 in , ,

Oh yeah, I drove recklessly yesterday. And I did end up having an accident!

The story goes like this: I had to pick Bushi up from school at 1:45 pm. I was getting late. It is hardly a 10-minute drive from our place to his school, but I have this habit of "being punctual"! So I drove really fast. Plus, I was tensed about the preparation of my today's exam (which went quite well, Alhamdolillah). I was driving at the speed of ... around 80 or so. And for me, this is FAST! [Long ago I have once driven with this speed when I sensed a bike-wala was chasing me] Anyway, I reached his school around 1:55 pm. Picked him up and headed back home. I avoided 2-3 accidents, nearly squashed an elderly uncle and a blind lady (she was seriously doing a cat-walk on such a busy road). When I drove down the bridge near our colony (and I did slow down to a speed of 30), a bike-wala came from I-don't-know-where and tried to make way between my car and the truck on my left. And poor soul lost his control, bumped his bike in my car, skidded on the road, fell, and... I was safely inside my colony then!

It was then that I discovered that the rear bumper of my car broke from the left side and was pushed upwards. Dayum!!! Such accidents scare the hell outta me! Although I kept on wondering about that bike-wala for long, I was pretty sad at the condition of my car too. I love my Corolla. I seriously do. My parents have never let me drive above the speed of 60. After an hour of that accident, I went to the mechanic and got the bumper fixed. And this time I have promised myself never to drive that fast.

There's one thing I have noticed. Whenever I go out, I always have my Momma recite Ayat-al-Kursi on me. Yesterday she forgot. And whenever she doesn't recite it on me, I always, like ALWAYS, end up having an accident. This has happened with me 4 times! *sigh*

Keep praying for this Dinky driver (who can't even see the bonnet of her car) :P

Cheerio folks =)

PS: My Treasury exam went so well - better than what I expected. And honestly, I was hell scared and worried about this course. I wonder why did I take such a *beepy* course :/ But I'm happy. Exams finito. Finally! :D I is a happy kid :)

PPS: It's 7:30 pm and still not dark outside :/ When will the day end? When will I sleep? :(

|

15 Comments

asma says:

haan abb tu facebooking bhi kaafi kar li hay :P

Read ayat ul kursi urself .. hang it in ur car may be so that u remember ... and tell us more about the blind woman doing cat walk :P aisaynahi kahtay andhon ko wesay :P


Ha ha ha!


@asma..
I am not in favour of hanging it in the car.. cuz at times it doesn't get the respect it should get... instead of that remembering small ayat's could really make a difference.. :)

@Dinky-Driver
hmm!! yeah make the habit of reciting Ayat-ul-kursi and dau-e-safar ... both are'nt too long to remember...and yes even if you recite ayat-ul-kursi.. drive safe cuz your safe driving won't just save you but also the ppl who are on the roads... with eyes and the blind ones =)

Fi Amanillah


Being there a couple of minutes isn't going to be the end of the world compared to the risk you're taking by driving fast like that. Act a little mature, will ya :P


@Razz..
Lolz!!


eeek dude... good thing you're all right and ofcourse the bike wala too =P

Chumpoo says:

Alhamdolillah you are safe.

as far Mom's prayers.. even Musa(AS) was once wanred by God to take care when he tripped on mount Sinai and God said something like.."O Moses! Be cautious! your mother is not in this world anymore" which means that Moses' Mom was not alived hence she can't pray.

Keep yourself safe

Anonymous says:

dyyaamnnn thats bad....

but i am sure this promise of urs not gona last ;) trust me on that

rasheed says:

Assalam o alaikum!
Being punctual is the sign of good character. SADQA N KHAIRAAT keeps u away from bad incident n accidents...Mothers are great,if they forget to recite something for you,u must not...Good Luck


~Asma: Lol. Exams finito na :P
And I do recite Ayat-al-Kursi and Safar ki dua myself. But I feel extremely secured if Momma recites it on me =)
And she wasn't blind, she acted blind :D

~Senilius: Lol :o)

~Jingo bhai: The moment I turn the ignition on I recite both the prayers. =)

~Razz: Meeh and mahture??? :P

~Broken: Hey, welcome to my blog. I'm all right, that I know. But the bike wala...well, God knows! :$

~Chumpoo: That's why I even wake my Mum up from her sound sleep to recite Ayat-al-Kursi on me. Hehehe... Me is a ganda bacha :D

~Yesterday: Lol. You surely know me better :P

~Rasheed: Walaikum Assalam.
I try to give sadqahs often. May Allah accept them.

rasheed says:

Assalam o alaikum!
Surely HE is going to accept ur Sadqah...HE is Most Merciful n Most Beneficent...Try to give Sadqah through ur parents


Gosh! You should be more careful!!
And the bike wala, he was a nutcase.


~Rasheed: Walaikum Assalam.
Sure =)

~Siras: I know :(


first of all 80 isnt fast :P

Secondly just drive safe and there is nothing wrong in not being able to view the bonnet


~Acro: 80 on these roads is fast. 80 among the stupid bike walas and rickshaw walas is fast :P

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Fragile Girl - Umemalicious All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.