7

I Like Myself Better When I'm With You!

Posted by Umema Siddiqi on Monday, September 06, 2010 in , ,
"I also believe that parents, if they love you, will hold you up safely, above their swirling waters, and sometimes that means you'll never know what they endured, and you may treat them unkindly, in a way you otherwise wouldn't."


In the book, "For One More Day" by Mitch Albom, the writer had written short incidents between chapters which were titled as "Times My Mother Stood Up For Me" and "Times I Did Not Stand Up For My Mother". Pretty tragic and heart-wrenching stories were these. The kind of selfless love a mother showers on her children has never been described so beautifully before. So, while reading the book I was analyzing that there are a quart million times when my Mother stood up for me, and not even a quart time when I stood up for her!

I feel like a little child again who wants her mother back by any way! I can hardly wait for these 8 days for her to return home.

"Have you ever lost someone you love and wanted one more conversation, one more chance to make up for the time when you thought they would be here forever? If so, then you know you can go your whole life collecting days, and none will outweigh the one you wish you had back."

|

7 Comments


true :)


Awwww sweetness, InshAllah she'll be back home safe & sound InshAllah. Then both of you can enjoy the endless hours of tea time discussions probably about anything you can think of :D
*hugs*


hmm sounds like a good read...


Asma: Indeed :)

Nikki: Oh, ask me. I've got a truckload of topics to talk about :) Eeeeee....Eight days still :(

UTP: A very good one infact. Plus, you must read other books by Mitch Albom. They're as amazing as this one.

Rasheedullah says:

Excellent job done for writing this.
Many a times we take their love, care and affection for granted. We realise their importance once we are parents ourself or they are no more with us. Before it gets too late, we should show our love and afféction to them and tell them that how much important they are to us. We must say to them " I Love You".

Anonymous says:

Beacuse of you i am stuck to mitch albom.
I got 5 people u meet in heaven too.. tuesdays with morrie was AMAZING!


~Rasheed: Yes. We must.

~Ghazal: I loved 5 people you meet in heaven! You'd love the way Mitch Albom connected stories in that book. Simply ammmmmazing!

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Fragile Girl - Umemalicious All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.