6

Thank you!

Posted by Umema Siddiqi on Saturday, May 16, 2009 in , ,

Even though I clutch my blanket
and growl when the alarm rings.
Thank you Allah, that I can hear.
There are many who are deaf.

Even though I keep my eyes closed
against the morning light as possible.
Thank you Allah, that I can see.
There are many who are blind.

Even though I huddle in my bed
and put off rising.
Thank you Allah, that I have
the strength to rise.
There are many who are bedridden.

Even though the first hour of
my day is hectic,
when socks are lost,
toast is burned and tempers are short,
my siblings are so loud.
Thank you Allah for my family.
There are many who are lonely.

Even though our breakfast table
never looks like the pictures in magazines
and the menu is at times balanced.
Thank you Allah for the food we have.
There are many who are hungry.

Even though the routine
of my study is often monotonous.
Thank you Allah for the opportunity to study.
There are many who have no education.

Thank you Allah for EVERYTHING!


And this reminds me of "Your Handicap and Our Handicap":

I run for miles at a stretch, without once realising what an ordeal it is for you to walk one step. I talk of the red and the blue sky and the silver moon, without thinking of you, who can only see black. To whom his own appearance is a mystery; for whom there is an envelope of darkness and no morning. And when I break my glasses, I complain.


Read more of it here.

We have become ignorant of the little blessings around us. If we start counting them all, life would become so interesting and beautiful =)

Cheerio folks =)

|

6 Comments


one of the best posts i have ever read... simply beautiful !!


You got that right lady.


~Ubaid: I love it too.

~Ahmer: =)

Anonymous says:

hmmmm *smiles*


We need to eb thankful of our blessings, awesome. :)


~An Illusion: =)

~Siras: Yup. Sans doubt.

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Fragile Girl - Umemalicious All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.