I Love Playing With Words!

Posted by Umema Siddiqi on Sunday, November 30, 2003 in
wanna read something rhyming?
a poem, which i wrote when i was totally tired of studying. it was something 2 or 3 at night ( my dinky mind works at night only)... so I took out my Diary Of Verses, and started scribbling my thoughts. Actually, it all comes to my mind when I read a pile of books and want to pour out my thoughts onto a paper, in a rhyming manner.
I dont think Im a good poet, because when I view other people's poetry, I find my verses to be of kinder-garten standard. All of my poems are in English, because, I think, in this way, I can improve my vocab. (really needs to be improved).
Aur mazay ki baat bataoon, whenever i start writing a poem, I feel like I'm a boy and writing for a girl...hahaha...because you can write a lot on girls...
Well, here it goes:
the title is

Restless Soul

My heart is too full for words;
My feelings make it difficult for me to speak.
I'm running after my shadow;
The thirst for your love has made me a complete freak!

Sitting beside the graveyard of my hopes,
Those cloudy memories still revolve around my head.
I remember those moments I spent with you,
But then you left me__I'm all alone and dead!

I never dreamt of getting this reward from you,
Have I ever gave you any harm or sorrow?
But you made it happen so soon,
I wish, I would have never prayed for a tomorrow...

Do you realise, you're putting me through my paces?
And now you see me lying helpless.
Behold! I'm breaking into pieces,
Your lips take a curve and you smile at my restlessness...

Ah...This is so heart-aching,
I wish, I could vociferate at your unjust behavior.
Your unfair attitude has fatigued my nerves,
I'm totally vexed at my failure!

I'm growing despondent in the promises of life,
Want to retroject myself to the same joyous track.
Don't push me in this agony-filled world,
Please, show some clemency and come back...



|

Copyright © 2009 Fragile Girl - Umemalicious All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.