12

Bit 'Bout Books

Posted by Umema Siddiqi on Friday, April 30, 2010 in , , ,
So in the past one month I read about 3-4 books. These include:
  • The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown,  
  • Shopaholic Abroad by Sophie Kinsella,  
  • Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella, and  
  • Really Important Stuff by Cynthia Copeland Lewis.
I've never felt so addicted to books. And that day when I landed at Liberty Books, I almost got glued to the shelves and books. Momma had to drag me out of the store. *sigh* Why can't I just live in such a bookstore? =(

Now I must talk about the Ethics of Reading Books, like I once talked about the Ethics of Eating Chocolates. There is, for me, no joy in reading e-books. I just can't spend a single minute peering at the screen. I mean, for reading a book at least. Hence, the best way to read a book is to lie down on your bed or plump in your favorite couch and enjoy reading your book in the natural sunshine. You may drag your bed couch to the nearest or the most wide and beautiful window of your house and read your book then. Oh, and add a few roasted cashew nuts or Hershey's nuggets to this equation. Your day would be brightened like anything! <3

I've got a good collection of books, but they're like a tiny fraction of what I've seen in my Nana's room (and his other room, dedicated to books only). I wish I could steal Britannica's series and the series of Great Books. Oh man! *drools* But to save my collection, I avoid lending my books now. People hardly return. That's so not fair. And from that, I've now learned that a good reader borrows books and a bookaholic never returns them!  ;)

And lately I've discovered something really interesting. Whenever I'm feeling down, a good book always lifts my mood. I start feeling better instantly. It's like a magical feeling. I still remember the day when I had a severe heat stroke and Papa brought me The Book of Virtues. And that was years ago. 10 or 11 maybe. Now I know what makes me feel better! =)

Cheerio folks! =)

PS: I may add to this post later on. We're having an unexpected power outage and my laptop's battery is taking its last breath. See, that's why I prefer reading hard copies! =)

|

12 Comments


I still have to read Lost symbol


LOLS !! ooohh wowy u kinda look like me =P I just tend to create this whole city around me where I cant even hear what the hell the person next to me is talking about while Im reading =P. We are a kind of selfish readers u see ;)


Digital Fotress by Dan Brown is also a good one.. =)


Ubee: I've got its soft copy. Want it?

Nikki: Oooo... Same here! Lol @ "selfish readers", but it fits our situation =P

Roshni: Indeed. I rate it the best one among all 5 books. =)
Oh, and welcome to my blog =)


:) I havent read in days but Dear Hogn is about to end!


Umem, any book recommendations out of these 4...

Senilius says:

Read The Rainmaker by John Grisham. And The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand is a must read!


AD: I hope you're done with it now =P

Ali: Read all 4. =) Since you're a guy, you might not read Kinsella's books, but I found them better than Dan Brown novels. I mean, in a different way.
Oh, and welcome to my blog =)

Sawj: TCS me =P


Phone number do takay call kar ke address loon. :P


Phone number dey he na doun mein! =P


You have officially broken my heart. :(


*Official sigh*

:D

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Fragile Girl - Umemalicious All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.