5

Why Can't I Have You Back

Posted by Umema Siddiqi on Monday, March 21, 2011 in
"I hope you never hear those words. Your dad. He died. They are different than other words. They are too big to fit in your ears. They belong to some strange, heavy, powerful language that pounds away at the side of your head, a wrecking ball coming at you again and again, until finally, the words crack a hole large enough to fit inside your brain. And in so doing, they split you apart. "


I'm an incomplete person for more than 2 years now. And it's still hard to digest.

|

5 Comments

Anonymous says:

Death is nothing at all
I have only slipped away into the next room
I am I and you are you
Whatever we were to each other
That we are still
Call me by my old familiar name
Speak to me in the easy way you always used
Put no difference into your tone
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow
Laugh as we always laughed
At the little jokes we always enjoyed together
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was
Let it be spoken without effort
Without the ghost of a shadow in it
Life means all that it ever meant
It is the same as it ever was
There is absolute unbroken continuity
What is death but a negligible accident?
Why should I be out of mind
Because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you for an interval
Somewhere very near
Just around the corner
All is well.
Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost
One brief moment and all will be as it was before
How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting when we meet again!


On a side note, what became of your learning-to-use-firearms adventure? Can you shoot like James Bond now? ;)

Samz says:

got married? no updates!


@Anon: That what's keeping me alive.

@Shoaib: Not like Bond as yet. But I might learn that too, you never know :)

@Samz: Not yet :)


Dinky kisi fransisi say shaadi karay gi!

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Fragile Girl - Umemalicious All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.